not alone
New DA chief eyes rice self-sufficiency
by Emerson Deñado - Friday, 10 June 2016, 09:56 AM

June 8, 2016 4:09pm http://www.gmanetwork.com
Incoming Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol said Wednesday he is targeting rice- sufficiency for the Philippines as a national goal by expanding rice fields by one million hectares.

In a press briefing after a transition meeting with outgoing Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala, Piñol said, "We will lay the foundation to attain rice sufficiency."

Piñol, however, emphasized that no radical change will happen at the Department of Agriculture, noting his team will work on Alcala's initial programs.

"We will build on what the Alcala leadership has gained in terms of rice production. I think they are able to increase rice production," he added.

Alcala earlier noted the Aquino administration was able to achieve a 97-percent rice self-sufficiency. He said the incoming administration should go for 100 percent.
Piñol said he is targeting to expand by about one million hectares the land for rice production, not as a self-imposed target but as the national goal.
According to the Philippine Rice Research Institute, an average of 3.31 million hectares of land has been utilized to grow rice.

Piñol noted if the country can expand its rice area by another one million hectares, the Philippines can produce an additional 4.8 million metric tons of palay.

"That's already over and beyond our shortfall of 1.8 million metric tons," he said.

"'Yung one million... hindi ko commitment 'yun. 'Yon ay target at achievable if the local governments will cooperate... 'Yan ang ideal target natin if we are dreaming of achieving rice sufficiency," Piñol said.
"One thing is sure, we will increase rice production. As to how much, I still could not say," he said.

"When? I don't know. I wish, I will be able to tell you when," Piñol added.
Picture of Rommel Biag
TRAINING
by Rommel Biag - Monday, 3 July 2017, 03:57 PM

Hi Good Day

Gusto ko sana mag training regarding sa course na ito "Mastering the ABCs of Pig Production" taga Bicol ako Camarines Sur.

Paki advise naman ako paano, here is my email rommel.biag73@gmail.com mobile 09955739539.

Maraming salamat.

Rommel M. Biag

not alone
Re: TRAINING
by Emerson Deñado - Friday, 23 March 2018, 02:49 PM

Hi Rommel,

Para sa schedule ng training sa pagbababuyan, maaring makipag-ugnayan kay:

RUTH MICLAT-SONACO, DVM
(Training Center Superintendent II)
International Training Center on Pig Husbandry (ITCPH)
Bo. Maraouy, Lipa City

Tel. No.(043) 756-1987
756-1996
756-1997
email: itcph@mozcom.com

Maraming salamat sa pagtangkilik ng aming serbisyo!
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)